Services are offered for various urological conditions: Majority of aging male population get affected by prostate problems at some point in their lives, with illnesses ranging from enlarged prostate to prostatitis to prostate cancer. The symptoms like poor stream and straining, intermittent or incomplete emptying, urgency and frequency can be uncomfortable, painful and even life threatening. Department of Urology offers a wide range of treatment options to cover all stages of disease, to bring relief using drug therapy, minimally invasive laser treatment and surgery. The treatment options can include endoscopic removal of the enlarged gland with minimal complications and speedy post-operative recovery.
Prostate Disorders including:
Enlarged Prostate Gland or BPH
Infections of Urinary tract:
- Infections of the urinary tract or sexual organs can be painful and have serious side effects. The symptoms can range from burning during micturition, fever, abdominal pain, white colored urine, foul smelling urine and pain in genital region. The doctors provide accurate diagnosis and effective treatment for urinary tract infection.
- Bladder Cancer & Bladder Disorders: Urinary Bladder cancer can be diagnosed through various symptoms like hematuria, frequency and urgency. Diagnosis and staging of the disease along with treatment of noninvasive disease is done with endoscopic technique (transurethral resection of bladder tumour). For invasive disease, our Urologists possess the expertise to perform radical cystectomy with a neobladder formation, carefully removing the diseased bladder and creating a new one to restore normal bladder function.
- Urinary Incontinence: The symptoms like inability to control urine and leakage of urine with coughing and sneezing define urinary incontinence. It is a common problem affecting both men and women. The disorder can be diagnosed using techniques like urodynamic analysis (to measure pressure, flow and volume of urine as it leaves your bladder) and radiographic analysis to view the bladder and urinary system using x-rays. This condition can be managed with minimally invasive surgery and medicines.
- Kidney, ureter and bladder Stones: It is a common disorder with associated symptoms like abdominal pain, fever, pain during micturition, blood in urine and kidney failure in rare circumstances. The treatment options include Drug therapy, non-invasive shockwave lithotripsy, Endoscopic( thus no scars) and percutaneous removal (button hole).
- Reconstruction of urogenital system: Our expert surgeons correct urogenital deformities or obstructions caused by injury, cancer or congenital defects. Restoring functionality to the urogenital system as naturally as possible is always the goal.